Everyone at Spirit of Hope is a Minister of the Gospel.
Spirit of Hope United Methodist Church is the earliest congregation in Golden Valley, established in 1862 during the American Civil War. Its first building was the little white church now being used by the Golden Valley Historical Society. Our current church was built in 1960, with additions in 1965 and 2003.
We are called by God to be a radically inclusive, caring community of faith and offer a place for all to worship and provide opportunities for connecting with others. We think you will enjoy being part of the community here at Spirit of Hope.
The United Methodist Mission: The mission of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Open Hearts- Our hearts are full of love for our local communities and our world. Our service reflects that love.
- Open Minds- We all think in different ways. But when we work together to serve others we share a common goal.
- Open Doors- Our doors swing wide, not just to let others in but so that we can all get out to serve our community.
Statement of Call: We are called by God to be a radically inclusive, caring community of faith – offering personal and social transformation though Jesus Christ.
Reconciling Statement: We are a reconciling congregation welcoming people of all sexual orientations.
- People who try to be accepting, caring, hospitable, inclusive, family-oriented, and community aware.
- People who are concerned about those beyond their communities around the world, active in mission, and responsive.
- People who love music, church suppers, and a sense of community. Initiators, with a history of creating ministries related to education, employment, health, and other issues.
- People who like to tell the story of God’s redeeming grace.