“Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is
to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs” – Matthew 19: 13-15
We welcome children to worship by:
- Encouraging families to bring their children of all ages to worship services. Children are an important and welcomed part of our community.
- Encouraging parents to bring their infants, toddlers, older children to the altar to receive communion.
- Encouraging older children to participate in worship as acolytes, musicians, and scripture readers.
- Providing children’s bulletins based on the Sunday scripture readings.
- Modeling appropriate church behavior for children by teaching them to stand, sit, or kneel, sing, and pray with the congregation.
- Accepting children as children, not adults, knowing that the younger the child, the greater the need to move around.
- Download “Welcoming Children To Their Place In Church.“